Friday, January 9, 2009

Snow, Snow & More Snow

Our Christmas break was filled with...you guessed it, snow! The great Northwest was hit with an amazing snow storm right before we were supposed to head up there. Seattle, where we were flying into, was hit with a couple feet of snow which is absolutely unheard of for that area. Fortunately, we both made it up there without problems and were able to enjoy the beautiful blanket of white (that is his parents back porch). Jeff, his sisters, our niece Hailey and myself all worked diligently to build as many amazing things out of snow as we could. Two snowmen, an igloo, two forts that were used to play capture the flag and of course a couple of snow angels. It was a blast. Why does snow have the amazing effect of making you feel like a kid again? For those few hours that I was outside playing in the snow I didn't think once about my cell phone, my computer, my job or all the other things that I often find constantly on my mind.

The snow didn't end in Seattle. We made the trek halfway across the beautiful state of Washington for a stop in Leavenworth - a super cute tourist town - for one of my best friend's wedding. Leavenworth had quite a few feet of snow and it snowed the entire time we were there. Being able to bundle up in sweaters, scarfs, gloves, coats and stocking hats made me so happy. It also reminded me why there is a coffee stand or shop on the corner of every block in the Northwest - it's cold up there!


And yet again, the snow didn't end in Leavenworth. Jeff and I made a ghetto fabulous trip from Leavenworth to Spokane via the Greyhound bus (that's a whole story in and of itself). When we arrived in Spokane they had 50 inches of snow. By the time we left, 69 inches! That's a lot of snow (believe it or not, that pile of snow in the picture is a car, if you look really close in the upper right hand corner you can see the antenna!). Being up in the Northwest was amazing and it definitely made us miss our friends and family. We are working our way to eventually get back up there and maybe someday we will have a new city to call home during my Life As A Wife.

1 comment:

lyndsey said...

hey you still haven't told me about the greyhound bus.