Friday, January 9, 2009

New Years Eve - Finally Not A Let Down

Year after year there seems to be major buzz around New Years Eve. Where will we go, what will we do, who will we spend it with and will it be the best New Years Eve ever? And every year, at least for me, it always seemed to be nothing more than a big fat flop. There have been exceptions over the years but for the most part it seems that the holiday has more hype than it actually ever delivers. That was until New Years Eve 2009 - it was amazing!



One of Jeff's best friends announced this summer that they were going to get married on New Years Eve. A part of me thought, "really, New Years Eve? For a wedding?" Nobody was really sure what to think about it. As previously mentioned, I haven't ever been a big fan of New Years, and the thought of having a wedding on a holiday just seemed odd. But, I stand corrected when I say, that it was not only one of the best weddings I have been to, but it was definitely the best New Years I have ever had. Here are the reasons why it was so great. So many of our friends were there, everyone that we ever would have wanted to spend the holiday with. Which corresponds with the fact that all the people that you wouldn't want to spend the holiday with, such as creepy men trying to dance with you or hit on you at a bar, were not there. Free food and free alcohol. Amazing DJ. Designated driver (one of the groomsmen is mormon and is always our driver). A reason to actually be celebrating - other than the fact that it hit midnight on the clock. It keeps people at the wedding longer - everyone wanted to stay until midnight. The reasons could go on.

Needless to say, I am now a huge advocate of New Years Eve weddings. If you want your wedding to be a big party that is the day to do it on. It was a blast! It was one of Jeff's highschool friends (all of the boys can be seen in the picture to the left doing their special left knee beer chugging) that got married so if it weren't for my hubby I would have never been there to experience my best New Years Eve ever. I love celebrating things like this with my husband. Yet another reason that things are better during my Life As A Wife.

1 comment:

lyndsey said...

yay for a fun wedding! and yay for mormon designated drivers :)