Friday, January 9, 2009

The Most Beautiful Baby Boy

My best friend has been nice enough to go through nearly every life changing moment before me - moving away from her family, having a long distance relationship, choosing a career, getting engaged followed by getting married, purchasing a house, moving in with your husband, and most recently having a baby. Honestly, it has been quite nice for me...she always has the answers! I love being able to go to her for advice on anything and everything. I also love her amazing baby boy, Jaimeson William Peterson.


Over Christmas break I finally got the chance to meet the beautiful baby boy. Sadly, I was a horrible best friend and took entirely too long to meet him. I have about a zillion excuses as to why I couldn't make it out to see her sooner than I did, but they all suck. I should have been on the first flight to Denver the day he was born. Suffice it to say, at three months old I finally had him in my arms and he didn't disappoint. I had seen pictures, I had heard stories from Shelly, but until I had him in the same room as me did I really know that he was beautiful and perfect in every way possible.

Jaimeson and I totally bonded during our first meeting. I held him, he ate, he napped, he smiled (which is relatively new for him and captured here in this photo due to my amazing photography skills), he had his diaper changed, and he loved the cute little toy duck that I got him - yeah for Aunt Jo picking out a good Christmas gift. To top it all off, my best friend is a wonderful new mommy. She seems to be doing everything right and as a result Jaimeson is so well behaved. He never cries, he sleeps through the night and he is an absolute joy to be around. Yet another thing about her doing everything before me...she does it all amazingly well and is an exceptional role model for me to follow. I love my best friend, I love her new baby boy, and being around them recently made me think about the fact that someday (years from now) Shelly will be there for me yet again when I experience motherhood during my Life As a Wife.

1 comment:

lyndsey said...

awwww baby. hey JL you'd look really good as a mommy..... ;)